Could you be at risk for bruxism? Bruxism is a common disorder that occurs within your mouth and affects your teeth. Bruxism is also referred to as teeth grinding, and over time it can severely wear down your enamel and damage your teeth and gums. Save your summer smile by stopping bruxism disorder. To see if you might be struggling with bruxism, ask yourself the following:
– Have you ever discovered any abnormal or irregular indentations or markings on your tongue?
– Does your jaw easily lock up and fail to open fully?
– Has your tooth enamel worn down to the point that your teeth are now sensitive when eating or drinking?
– Do you have any signs of grinding and gnashing your teeth while you sleep?
– Does the appearance of your teeth look dull and flat?
– Are there bite marks on your inner cheeks?
– Is there a sensation of pain in your head that feels similar to an earache but doesn’t appear to be caused by a problem in your ear?
– Do you suffer from any unexplained chips, cracks, fractures, or splits in your teeth?
You may be at an increased risk for bruxism. Brent A. Spear, DDS is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Spear and our team at our dentist office in Fort Worth, Texas, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 817.920.1488. We look forward to seeing you smile.